AXIAL FLUX MOTORS /
PERFORMANCE MEETS EFFICIENCY
Axial flux electrical machines are considered by many the next step in electric propulsion solutions. We support by developing and simulating different topologies and evaluate the respective advantages and disadvantages based on the requirements.
With deep understanding of the connection between material properties and electric machine performance, coupled with a simulation driven design approach we have vast experience in concept design studies for machines both for traction and auxiliary applications.
AXIAL FLUX MACHINE
- Motor: open-slot, double-sided axial flux machine (DSAFM)
- 12 slots and 10 poles
- Concept: modelled and simulated using JMAG
- Applying materials manufactured by Höganäs AB
- Material: available in the JMAG material database
- High strength NdFeB magnets to achieve an overload power of 7.7 kW
- Outer diameter 109.7 mm, axial length 66.2 mm
All operating points are achieved within the specification and state of the art efficiencies for an auxiliary drive machine.
WHY AXIAL FLUX MACHINES? /
AXIAL FLUX MACHINES
- Pre-wound slide-on and tightly wound coils
- Simple, automated assembly with lower investments
- Easier recycling of components
PUT POWER INTO PRACTICE!
We support by developing and simulating different topologies and evaluate the respective advantages and disadvantages based on the requirements. Our basis: Profund experience in electromagnetic studies for motors (traction & auxiliary) for many OEMs and Tier 1.